Monday, March 23, 2009

Watercolor Journal




I have been working out of a journal and feel very pleased with the process. The great thing about a journal is that it is a personal forum for experimentation and reflection. Sometimes process itself needs some reflection and writing about it as well as painting it out seems to be helpful. Visual art, by definition, is something produced with the purpose of being viewed by others so maybe that is why I am more reticent to expand our creative parameters on regular paper (someones going to see this mess). In my journal I am freed from this constraint, by the very nature of a journal, I can share it sure, but I can also keep it to myself! Either way, I'm having fun with it and I hope I stick to it. Here's a couple that fall into the share section; they are both of Monet.


No comments: