Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Village Farm




This is a piece I started last week, that I really kind of gave up on. I went ahead and posted it on WetCanvas and asked for a "no holds barred" critique and received some excellent feedback. I decided to post both the "before" and "after" pictures. Hopefully, you can tell which is which!


As I was painting this, I was thinking about my upcoming class that I will begin to teach in January. I had one of those, "do what I say and not what I do" moments. I had laid down a nice wash in the sky and it was drying nicely when I got this hair-brained idea to drop another color in. Well, that is a watercolor 101 NO-NO, but for some reason, I couldn't help myself! Oops! Of course, it had disastrous results, but overall, I feel I pulled it out rather nicely. Hope you enjoy, it is painted on Farbiano cp 140lb paper and is about 9.5" x 20". It is taken from a lovely reference photo from watercolorbill at WetCanvas.

No comments: