Sunday, October 19, 2008

One for the lovely lady!




These are for my wife. We went to a gallery opening some time back and an artist there liked to make triptychs and whatever you call four linked paintings (quadtychs !?!?!) of the same images in different seasons or views. She loved the idea and thought I might be able to do something like that. She doesn't asked for much and is very supportive of my work so I told her I could do it no problem!--I was kind of ashamed of me when I realized that it was over a year ago that she had asked--ahhhhh!) So after much delay here we are. These are small, 4"x5", just the way she wanted them---she even purchased a tiny little easel to display them (one season at a time) Didn't think I would like to work this small, but when you're pressed for time it is nice to be able to work through a piece in a short amount of time, I think I'll try more of these. This is from a reference photo that we had found in RIL but I could not find it again to credit the photographer sorry bout that!

No comments: